Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lord, The year 2012 had many positives in it for me.  For those I give you thanks.  2012 also had many negatives for me to.  For those I give you even more thanks.  As Paul wrote, my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Lord, America is still a nation this morning and as such, there is hope.  We have a President who the people of our nation elected to rule for four more years.  Regardless of my politics and which way I voted, President Obama is in your hands.  It may not be exactly by his choice, nor mine, but simply because you rule and have All Power. Heaven is your throne and the Earth your footstool.  So Lord, I give you thanks for another year in which to embark.  I account my American citizenship as precious.  I count my citizenship in the Kingdom of God as more precious.  Lord, today, on this first day of 2013, I vow to you my all.  I pledge it to you once again.  Lord Jesus, I rebuke the fears that I have because of my disagreements with President Obama because I am in total agreement with you and your position is higher than his.  Please Lord do a work in his life this year.  As a politician he has vowed to do certain things with and for our nation.  As your child I vow to do certain things with and for our nation and because of who you are, I believe I can accomplish more than he can.  Jesus, President Obama plans to do things "for me" with his policies.  I plan to do things with with him through your policies.   He is determined.  I am more so because my prayers for him are true of heart and commanded in your word.  Oh Great God, I ask that you move upon the heart of Barack Obama this year.  Each Day and every day.  As you refused to let the Prophet Balaam curse Israel, I ask you the protect the United States of America too.  Forgive our sins and let us step up once again and be a people of God and for God.  Blot out our transgressions and forgive us.  Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.  You are the God of the Mountain Top and you are also the God of the Valley.  In you Lord, I Trust... In Jesus Name I pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment